The Big Feelings Flip Chart
A Psychoeducational In-Session Tool to Help Kids Learn About and Understand Their Many Emotions
Help kids name their feelings to tame their feelings
Seasoned child therapist Christina Furnival’s new psychoeducational, in-session tool The Big Feelings Flip Chart helps children learn about their feelings and understand their own process of feeling, thinking, and acting.
Inside you will find:
- 17 full-color, interactive client-facing pages
- Additional explanations and supplemental prompts on each corresponding therapist-facing page
- Dry-erase client pages for easy markup, customization, and reuse
Covering a multitude of important facets surrounding children’s feelings, including:
- Psychoeducational information about feelings, including the cognitive triangle to help kids make connections between their thoughts, feelings, and behaviors
- Five big feelings and a few related feelings, including definitions, supporting images, explanations for what the feeling might mean, and suggestions for healthy expression
- Inside and outside feelings to help kids explore how their feelings may look and feel
- Coping ideas to empower kids to work through uncomfortable feelings
This flip chart is a powerful tool designed to support the life-changing work you are doing in your practice. Happy flipping!