Hi there! I’m Christina, a mom of two littles, a licensed mental health therapist, and a soon-to-be children’s book author! Thanks for checking out my site. Look around! I’m sure there’s something here for you! This is a feel-good post about some key parenting moments that represent mini portraits of parenthood.
Bringing your baby home is one of the most special (and slowest!) drives you’ll ever take. The real-world weight of leaving the hospital and its staff, and being solely responsible for your child is the heaviest honor you will ever bear.
As your baby grows, so does your love, and so do the number of quintessential and sentimental parenting moments.
Here are 15 portraits of parenthood; no doubt there are hundreds more!
1. Kissing a boo boo
2. Brushing your child’s hair out of their face
3. Feeling your child curl up onto you, completely safe and in love
4. Replacing the kicked-off covers on your dozing child
5. Switching their shoes to the correct feet
6. Feeding your baby solid food for the first time
7. Snuggling as you read bedtime stories
8. Rocking your child to sleep
9. Scaring away imaginary monsters
10. Using the softest washcloth to wash your baby’s body and sweet face
11. Feeling your child’s forehead to see if they are running a fever
12. Waiting, lowered down and arms spread, for the biggest hug as they run to you arms and smile wide
13. Hanging up their tiny clothes
14. Cheering for your child when they hit a milestone
15. Watching your darlings sleep so peacefully
What portraits of parenthood would you add? What moments say “Wow! I am a parent!” the most to you?